- Morgan Stanley announced a new tool to help financial advisors and their clients’ measure sustainable investment performance, allowing the prioritization of selected environmental, social and governance interests and alignment with the United Nations Sustainable Development Goals.
- Schroders expanded its impact investing strategy through its acquisition of a majority stake in Swiss impact investor BlueOrchard.
- New data from Morning Star show record-breaking flows into sustainable funds in the U.S. Sustainable funds attracted $8.9 billion in H1 2019, surpassing the $5.5 billion in net flows for all of 2018.
- A recent report by the Sustainable Development Goals Center for Africa reveals minimal progress has been made in Africa toward the UN’s Sustainable Development Goals.
- A consortium of companies in the forestry sector published The Forest Sector Roadmap, aiming to help companies develop sustainable forest management strategies.
- In a piece for The Atlantic, Columbia University professor Adam Tooze discusses how climate change could trigger the next global financial crisis.
- A new analysis by Zillow and Climate Central show 800,000 existing homes in the U.S. worth $451 billion are at grave risk of flooding by 2050.