On May 1st, 2017, MoFo Impact’s Suz Mac Cormac moderated “Investing in Sustainable Development” with speakers Anne Finucane of Bank of America, Vicki Fuller of New York State Common Retirement Fund, Scott Minerd of Guggenheim Partners, Clifton Robbins of Blue Harbor Group, and Markus Voigt of AREAM Group. The session covered how investments, from public to private, can best mitigate long-term risk and meet ESG standards without sacrificing returns. Among other topics, the panelists discussed:
- What new initiatives can be brought to the investor community?
- How can ESG factors be better integrated into investment strategy?
- What financing tools and projects would benefit from more innovative thinking?
- How can investors and industry improve cooperation to channel investment to the right areas?
- How can companies and asset managers improve ESG outcomes and communicate with their stakeholders?
Watch the video of the panel:
The Milken Institute Global Conference convenes the best minds in the world to tackle the most stubborn challenges. It is a unique setting in which the capital, power, and influence to move the world forward meet face-to-face with those whose expertise and creativity are reinventing industry, philanthropy, and media.